Thursday, June 30, 2016

ALA Weekend Wrap-up!

As stated previously....

I was at ALAAC16 this past weekend.  So I would like to share with you guys a nice wrap-up of some awesome things from there.

Note: I also did a TTT post featuring my top ten moments, so those will not be included here.



Friday...
I didn't have a Friday pass.  So instead, a bunch (6) of us went to Universal!  I know I live in the area, but it's been super long since I've been.  We spent most of the day in the Wizarding World :)


 


Just ignore the retarded picture of me xD  The last few are the Hogwarts Express :)

Saturday
My sister got to my house late, so I was worried we wouldn't make it on time and I would get Heartless (it was dropping as soon as the exhibit hall opened).  All is well.  We made it.


I'm pretty sure these are the only two pictures I took Saturday as from this one...

This is the view from our hotel.  The others are in line for the A Torch Against the Night drop and then Replica.  Lauren Oliver was supposed to be signing, but she was sick and couldn't make it.  So they just dropped them at her signing time.

I also had a nice chat with Christine Barcellona from Swoon Reads about my love for the imprint, got to meet Stephanie Garber and get Caraval (signed), and a million other things I'm forgetting.

Sunday
Sunday was a mad dash for the Crooked Kingdom swag.  Originally, they were gonna be giving out bound manuscripts (!!), but they weren't printed in time (I asked Macmillan because there was some confusion).  So instead, we got samplers.  Boo!  Oh well, I did get some awesome socks.  And Tor had put out arcs of AGOS in their booth while we were in line for the swag.  Their booth was right next to Macmillan so we all grabbed one while in line.

There were also multiple signings each day.  On Sunday, the ones I particularly remember are Ever the Hunted, The Lovely Reckless, and Timekeeper.


I was Number Two in line (obligatory Austin Powers joke) for Erin Summerill.  And here is an adorable picture of Aila with Tara Sim!

Monday
This was basically one last sweep through the exhibits hall and the waiting in line at Penguin.  The publishers were giving away their display copies starting at specific times, and the Penguin line was forming early.  But I got what I wanted!!

Here is my over haul (no I'm not writing out every title lol)

I already read Gemina and I loved it.  This totals to 85 books.  o_o  I gotta get reading!





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time at ALA! I wish I could have gone. Maybe next year I'll make it down there. Fantastic haul, I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lot of fun! It was nice seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete